The index of SVG Map Profile 1.0
Note: SVG Map Profile has been revised to
Tiling and Layering Module for SVG 1.2 Tiny .
This page is English Version of the Japanese article of this blog.
SVG Map profile 1.0 (proposal) 2009.11.27 update
This specification describes the SVG Map profile 1.0.
A SVG Map profile is a profile which realizes the map services which satisfies the requirement indicated separately.
The greater part of specifications for SVG Map are SVG itself. However, it is a little insufficient to fulfill the requirements as map platform. Therefore, in spite of being based on SVG1.1Tiny specifications, in order that a SVG Map profile may improve the applicability to a map services, the following restricts and extensions are carried out. Moreover, if this specification will join in original SVG family, this may be called SVG Map "Module".
- Primer - About SVG Map (ESW Wiki) (mirror - osgeo wiki)
- The Hyper-Layering
- A methodology to relate a geographical coordinate with the graphics primitive of SVG
(this makes the geographoc coordinates specifications of SVG1.1 precise)
- The extension which realizes a free scrolling map
(the description methodology and the methodology of the processing in a viewer of the map data divided in the shape of a mosaic tile (or meshed shape))
Supplementation , Note1
- Extension which realizes a free zooming map
(functionality which displays a map with the resolution according to a scale automatically)
- Protocol for the map data obtaining according to a Latitude Longitude
(restricted WMS protocol in a client side) (Reference Information)
- A methodology to embed the geographical metadata to a graphics primitive
- A modify of partial specifications (a conformity with SVG Tiny 1.2 is included)